The Starkville-MSU Area Rapid Transit assures the Mississippi Department of Transportation that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination or retaliation under any program or activity undertaken by the agency on the basis of race, color, or national origin, as protected by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, in Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular 4702.1B.
The Starkville-MSU Area Rapid Transit further agrees to the following responsibilities with respect to its programs and activities:
- Designate a Title VI Liaison that has a responsible position within the organization and access to the recipient’s Chief Executive Officer or authorized representative.
- Issue a policy statement signed by the Director or authorized representative, which expresses its commitment to the nondiscrimination provisions of Title VI. The policy statement shall be circulated throughout the Recipient’s organization and to the general public. Such information shall be published where appropriate in language other than English.
- Insert the clauses of Section 2.5 of this plan into every contract subject to the Acts and the Regulations.
- Develop a complaint process and attempt to resolve complaints of discrimination against Starkville-MSU Area Rapid Transit on the Title VI and other nondiscrimination requirements.
- If reviewed by MDOT or any other state or federal regulatory agency, take affirmative actions to correct any deficiencies found within a reasonable time period, not to exceed ninety (90) days.
- Have a process to collect racial and ethnic data on persons impacted by the agency’s programs.
- Submit the information required by FTA Circular 4702.1B to the primary recipients (refer to Appendix A of this plan)
THIS ASSURANCE is given in consideration of and for the purpose of obtaining any and all federal funds, grants, loans, contracts, properties, discounts or other federal financial assistance under all programs and activities and is binding. The person whose signature appears below is authorized to sign this assurance on behalf of the agency.
Starkville-MSU Rapid Area Transit
January 1, 2015